my first encounter with anything "computerish" was when I was in school back in the late 80's. The screen was black and the cursor (is this how it is spelled?) was a triangle or square bit that blinks annoyingly. Every single task that need to be performed need a "command" code. It would be something like "JK332" to go to word processor...and the such. My teacher was one AhSo who has a very high pitch voice and loves to yell at us. Computer class was AZKABAN!
Till today I only know how to use word and power point. I wanted to be more 'knowledgeable' in anything IT but too shy to ask the younger ones. But I am so proud to say that, TODAY, I actually asked my much younger friend to teach me how to blog - hope she didn't think my asking to be taught to blog as one of the 'mid-life crisis' that I am going through. Nope, I still have a good couple of years to reach that stage.
I used to talk to myself a lot and once caught red handed by my nosey colleague who later accused me of being a nutcase. Mind you, I was actually thinking aloud, without realising that others can hear me. Maybe that was the symptom of an over-articulate mind living a lonely life, struggling to find ways to express itself. Hence my self-shrink (I can't afford real shrink) told me that BLOGGING maybe just what I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment