Monday, August 25, 2008

Jeans: a girl's best friend

I read somewhere that Eva Longoria owns about 300 pairs of jeans. A number of celebs also have hundreds pairs of jeans. Some people say that you only need 1 jeans for 1 colour. I beg to differ. I think we need a few pair for every colour.

These few weeks, after indulging in mum-cooked meals i feel the scale had went up a little. Well, quite significantly. My blouses are getting tighter, my pants are getting too arse-hugging to my liking, my wrist watch kinda block the flow of blood through my veins. I realized that I am FAT. In a desperate attempt of denial, i dug into my closet and took out my old airlines uniform (yup! i forgot to return just that 1 pair of kebaya). To my horror, the sarong was a bit too tight! And that very instant i felt depressed! How am i going to wear all those clothes? Do i need to buy a whole new wardrobe? am i getting fat because i am getting older? Now even my hair looks FAT to me. I slouched on the bedroom flour, kebaya that fitted me like a glove 8years ago fits me like a sarong nangka now.
I was about to go to eat but realized i have nothing to wear (well, in a way)
I put on a t-shirt (blouses are no longer an option as the button on the chest will burst the moment i inhale oxygen) and reached for my stack of jeans.
I own 7pairs of levi's and they are all of only 2 tones of colours - light blue and dark blue. They look alike, so people say. My significant other also thinks that i have too many jeans which most of them i don't wear.

Well, they are all wrong.
I need every piece of them; size 28, size 29, size 30; hard denims, soft denims.
I know exactly which one i should put on that day.
I felt the the tough but soft fabric in my hands. A comfy size 29, slightly stone-washed, dark blue.
That was my dear old FAT & DEPRESSED JEANS.
Something that i can count on during my depressing days (of getting fat).

I felt better, as i know i have a jeans for every mood.
a skinny jeans when i feel slim, a stretcheable ashley when i feel sexy, a bootcut when i want to be decent and a super low waist when i had done 50 sit ups a night for 4 weeks before any important dinner.
I love every pair. They are reliable companion. They stick with you through thick and thin. Friends might come and go. Love will appear and dissapear. Jeans is forever...

2 comments:

Lambert said...

Jeans, let me count how many I have in the past few years. Pre-weight lost - a Levi's 501 size 36. After shedding 27kg, a Levi's 501 size 30. Now after putting back on a few kilos a Lee Cooper size 32. So that's 3 pairs in the past 4 or 5 years with the last 2 pairs in regular usage.

I wouldn't quite go to the extend of saying they are my best friends, but they are closer to me (most of the time, anyway) than my significant other.

cenet said...

well, men don't have wardrobe malfunctions as often as we girls do! to you guys as long as it can be worn and won't make you look like a flasher, any pants would do. Yup, girls like me, we have a lot of issues to deal with - shoes issue, hair issue, never-ending-i-m-so-depressed issue,love issue & most importantly weight/aging issue!