I knew that I had to write to PTPTN to ask for a waive as soon as I graduate in 2007. It took me 2 years before I actually wrote to them, another 2 years to call them to check why I didn't get any reply. "Surat jawapan telah dihantar ke alamat lama puan di seksyen 17 Shah Alam. Sila tulis semula kpd kami dgn menyertakan borang pertukaran alamat". That phone call lasted 2 minutes.
My sister text me to inform that she had a weird condition - passing out every now and then. I told her I'd try to find time in between my busy schedule to visit her. It took me 2 whole weeks to eventually take that 30minutes drive to her home. The visit took 30 minutes.
I had a swollen gum last month. I have skipped dentist appointments for the past 2 years. I told myself that I will visit the dentist every 6 months but that 6 months turned to 12, the 12 turned to 18 and eventually 24. After the swelling subdued, I had my regular scaling that lasted 20 minutes.
My last entry for this blog was written in Dec 2009. I intend to write at least once a month. But I keep on postponing the task until almost 2 years later. The writing of this entry took 30 minutes.
My husband and I planned to marry in 1993. But things got in our way; we broke up, he still cared, I was devastated, he stayed there, I went flying, he married someone else, I married another man, he made babies, I got divorced, he had long battle in the court, I had "anak ikans" - lots of 'em (*winkkk*), he went to live with his parents, I had scandals, he looked for me, I was still dating someone else, pfffftttt...the list is endless. It took us 16 years to actually hold a wedding ceremony that lasted 4 hours. Owh? ni kes lain ek? eheh..heh..heh...;-p
What I'm saying is that, we spend more time POSTPONING things than we actually spend time DOING the task. Isn't that odd?
No comments:
Post a Comment